Saturday, June 11, 2005

What's been keeping me busy...

Well, I have been very busy cleaning and painting. All the trim in our living room, I repainted a very pretty creamey off~white. It seems closer to white than off~white. The color paint is actually called Swiss Coffee. Anyway, we have this "gigantic" built in book case in our living room where I display various knick~knacks and needlerolls, small pictures, sachet's that I have stitched or someone has made for me. I had to take everything off scrub the shelves (you never realize something is dirty until you clean it, lol) and then paint it. It took me most of the day to finish the living room (five kids and DH keep me busy, oldest DD was getting ready for her Senior Prom :0), and I am delighted at the outcome. I ordered some curtains that were deeply discounted on~line through JCPenney and hopefully they will be in early next week. The room is on the smaller side and this definitly makes it brighter.

I have only been stitching about an hour a day this week, wanted to do more but I got into the painting project and it stole stitching time. I really want to snuggle up to my new stand and put some hours into Blossom Harvest (I know you are probably sick of me talking about her, and I am anxious to complete her), but I knew we were going to have high humidity this weekend so today was the day to complete my painting.

I purchased the new Monica Ferris book. Shee writes needlework mysteries for those who may not know this. It is called "Embroidered Truths", I have only read about 60 pages or so, but I know I will probably finish it in a few days. They are very quick reads and I have all of her books now.

I did manage to wind 50 skeins of floss on to floss bobbins this week for my HAED Arthur & Guenivere. I hope to really dig into that after Blossom. I also ordered from Mindy at SMF the Oceanic fabric for HAED's Water Mermaid. I think she will look lovely with Mirabilia's Enchanted Mermaid. Seeing how I was placing an order anyway, I ordered Bewitched Opalescent for Petal Fairy as well.

I have found myself going to the Mirabilia BB a bit less lately, as I'm sure many of you have also. It just doesn't seem the same, being able to use just the one forum. I do agree with this and know it's just a matter of time before all is fixed. I miss the questions of the week an being able to go to the different forums. Counting the days until everything is back!

As I mentioned, our oldest DD is at her Senior Prom. She looked so pretty, I wanted to cry. Time sure does fly. It seemed like an instant ago she was learning to walk. Now, she's learning to drive. I can't wait for her to come home and tell me how it went.

Well, off to go check a few BB's and then perhaps stitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home