Saturday, June 18, 2005

Time to stop and take a deep breath...

WOW, that felt good. I have been so incredibly busy lately. As I have mentioned, I have been painting. Well, my small bathroom became a huge project. BUT, it looks wonderful! I went with a color pink, (close to DMC 3609 I believe), the trim is white and I purchased a border to run along the center of the walls. The border is pink/purple and is all fairies, butterflies and flowers. It is lovely. I also bought a few squares of linoleum for the floor soft powdery blue marble. It really compliments the room. Then I purchased a plain white shower curtain and a sheer curtain for the window. I found one of those metal tiepacks I think that's what they are called. You pull the curtain back and it hangs in it. The one I bought had a pink diamond ball on it and really sets it off. Now, can you even guess how much it cost for my new bathroom? Under $30.00. Is that great or what? I love the "oops" paint at home depot. They have gallons of paint that are returned because someone changes their mind and they resell the gallons for $5.00. I am so excited about the new look. I told DH and the kids that it will now be referred to as the "powder room". ~LOL

The rest of my time this week seems like it has gone to sorting out hundreds of photos. As a gift to my wonderful father-in-law, we took his photos and sorted them and purchased albums for them and put them all in. We gave them to him tonight, because DH works all day tomorrow. Well, my FIL was thrilled. I'm so happy that he was pleased. I think the world of my in-laws and we are very close.

Now this week we will be busy attending end of school year activities and getting ready for our oldest DD's high school graduation. She graduates Friday and we will have a big party for her Saturday so we will be busy again next week.

I do hope to get some stitching in this evening and the rest of the week. July is fastly approaching and I'm going to be so disappointed if I don't get Blossom Harvest done in time for the fair. I just remembered that I mentioned in my previous post that I had something particular I wanted to write about. Now for the life of me, I can't remember, LOL. I'll have to go read and take a look. That's it for now...I think :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home