Saturday, September 23, 2006

Birthday presents for my niece



Well, here is what I made my niece Katie for her birthday. I just kind of did my own thing with the purse. It came out really cute and if you look closely on the bag I did a wee bit of "embroidery" with some green yarn. I kind of swirled it to attach the flowers. I made her a little change purse to match. The other picture is of a scarf. It worked up so quickly. I used size 13 needles and cast on seven. Just did garter stitch until the yarn was gone. She seemed to like them. I think the other people at the party liked them more. A few hinted for their own, and I'm talking about the adults. LOL Other birthday news, I turned 40 on 9/21 so I guess I better update my profile. I received some wonderful gifts. I'll have to take some pictures to share all of my "stash" with everyone. I'll make sure I do that for my next blog entry. I also started my log cabin afghan. DH took me to my LYS and I purchased the yarn for it. Twenty four skeins of Galway, what a guy! That's it for now, I'll be sure to post some birthday stash pics!

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! The knitted gifts look wonderfully colourful. I'm sure your neice will love them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home