Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Felted Bag for my sister's b-day

Well, here is the felted bag I just finsihed two days ago. This bag and the small button up coin purse are for my sister's birthday. This was my first time doing I-cord instead of crocheting a handle. I must say I like it much better. Much firmer, even if it was a bit more time consuming, it was worth it. The bag isn't any particular pattern, I casted on 100 stitches with one strand of black wool, I then knitted in the round until the bag was roughly 13 inches long. The last three rounds I added a black angora type yarn, so soft! I would knit five and decrease one for the first two rounds, then decreased every three stitches and bound off the following round. When it was off the needles I sewed in clear crystal beads every three inches or so. And this is how it turned out. I hope she likes it. I promised to make her one a few months ago, but I havent mentioned it since. I'm hoping to surprise her. I think I will knit up another small button coin purse for one of the girls, I would like a quick finish. Even though this bag took only four days, I feel like a quick finish! Thanks to the people who gave me such nice comments in my previous entry, your all too sweet!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger pethair-xstitcher said...

Terry, just popping in to say hello and I miss you sweetie! Your knitting looks great and i hope that your sister loved her bag, it is lovely!

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger terrylee66 said...

Hi Sonya! Thanks so much for the compliment~
I miss you and all the lovely people at HAED. I am hardly ever on-line anymore. This knitting bug has hit me hard. I need to pop in to the HAED BB and see all the wonderful WIPS.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home