Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another completed bag!

I feel like I'm on a roll with these bags. This one is for my oldest DD, Kayla, she is thrilled with it. I used three different yarns. Two wools by Galway, it's their Heather Wool. Then the third was called Kiddy Print it is mixed with the pinkish/purple in the center. The bag has a flat bottom and I did the handles a bit differently. I saw on a website how they fold the bag in and use double pointed needles to make holes in the bag and you thread your I-cord through. I loved the process and it came out exactly how I wanted it to! I use a beaded trim I purchased at walmart, it has a kind of lace mixed in it. It seemed perfect for the bag and it wasn't too hard to keep nice and straight while I hand sewed it to the bag. I already have another one on the needles and hope to have it done by next week!

3 Comments:

At 7:20 PM , Blogger AR said...

Great bags. Really nice colors. I love felted bags, too. They're fun. I need to finish some WIPs then I think I'll do some, too.

 
At 3:57 AM , Blogger Craftybernie said...

How lovely. I like the trim. Never considered doing using such an obvious embellishment on my bags. Great idea. What pattern did you use or did come up with it yourself?

Bernie

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger terrylee66 said...

Bernie, I came up with it as I went along. I was looking for a certain shape. At my LYS they had used a beaded trim on a bag, that's where I got the idea.

Thank you both for the compliments

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home