Thursday, February 16, 2006

So many things I want to do!

These darn books I've been reading! They are knitting mysteries by Maggie Sefton, Knit One, Kill Two and now I'm reading Needled to Death. I know they saw kind of 'ick' but they aren't! The author gives such wonderful detail with the knitting and the shop the main character frequents. It makes me want to go there! Well...I kind of did! There is a knitting store less than five minutes away, Knitwits, and it is glorious! So many gorgeous colors and types of yarn! I purchased two hanks of Alpaca wool in a scrumptious variegated blues/greens and a hank of 100 percent Eqyption cotton. I also purchased two sets of bamboo knitting needles. They are so much nicer to work with than metal in my opinion. I am going to try to knit booties/slippers with the alpaca wool, and dishclothes with the cotton. I have started both and so far so good. The lady at the knitting store had a wonderful gift idea. She said she has seen people make beautiful washclothes and wrap them with pretty soaps as a gift. Hmmm...wonder where I can find some wonderful soaps! So, I'm thinking on doing that as gifts at Christmas time. Maybe start the clothes here and there and find out from Michele (HAED) what the normal shelf life for the soaps are. I think it would be a very neat gift! Now as for my stitching.................................still plugging away on "dance" and posted my progress in the brat sal. I'm pleased with my progress and am itching to get back to it. Haven't stitched in almost two days and I'm having withdrawals. This week I make my final payment on Labyrinth (HAED original) and I know I will want to start that right away. I'm still debating on a rotation. So many things I want to do. I really don't want to be a screamer, but I may have no choice. Whenever I try to organize a rotation I have issues. Oh well, the main objective is to stitch and be happy, right? Speaking of stitching, I have to go update my wish list. Elaine Cox has been added to the HAED family and I am loving Pensive. There is something about it...it's how I imagine Fudgey. Don't know why, just is. I will have to purchase it! I'm also itching to start Bubbles QS, it is so screaming to be started. I think if I had my floss wound on to my bobbins I probably would have started her. I dread doing that, but that is how I like my threads. UGH...perhaps I can tackle that this weekend. The girls and I always watch DVD's on Friday night. We call it "Gilmore Girl" friday. The Gilmore Girls is a television show they love, I had never watched it, but my 15 year old has acquired the DVD's so they are trying to catch me up on friday nights. I must say, I'm hooked. So this might be a time to wind some bobbins, LOL Okay, I must go finish my chores!

3 Comments:

At 6:51 AM , Blogger pethair-xstitcher said...

Terry, glad to hear that you now have the means to get your Labyrinth and also that MIHTD is progressing. Missed reading your news this week and thought you were on strike...(giggle) I have not touched MIHTD either, have got to finish Atlantis but I have so many things screaming too.
Have a great evening tonight and a good weekend.

 
At 2:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I know the feeling i have loads i want to do to!!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger pethair-xstitcher said...

Well well well....your blog is not updated either I noticed....shall we try together for this weekend? (giggle)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home