1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool, alpaca. I love Farmhouse yarns and would love to try Koigu. I also love Sugar n Cream dishcloth yarn! I am not a huge fan of Euroflax.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have the Denise set, which stores itself. Though I wouldn’t mind another empty Denise box to put my companion set and extra cords for the Denise set it. As far as my others, I have two handmade holders.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting Valentines Day 2006. That is when I seriously started. I learned the technique the previous winter but didn’t get into it much. I don’t think I’m a beginner. But I know I’m not advanced. Intermediate? I guess, I’m not sure. I like to try new things and my LYS is very helpful!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love vanilla scent and anything soft. Bath products, I’m always on the look out for something new to try. I love the Heaven & Earth Essentials. It’s on the internet and I love their soaps and body lotions. My favorite is Cherry Blossom and Bubbles.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh my yes do I ever! I love dark chocolate and I love peanut butter. I also love nuts!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I’m really just into the knitting right now. I used to do counted cross stitch, but have gotten away from it. I also crochet, but don’t enjoy the process as much as knitting. No, I don’t spin, but would love to give it a whirl some time.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your
buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love Country music. I don’t have a MP3 player or an Ipod. Just a cd player.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pinks, purples, pastels. I also love lime green, and autumn colors. I don’t really care for black or white.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a wife of 20 years and we have five children. Four girls, one boy. Ages ranging from 19 to 4. We have one dog and four cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, I wear all of the above!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don’t know if I have a favorite item to knit. I love the process. The dishcloths are fun, but I also love doing the felted bags. They work up quickly and there are so many options.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am working on a Log Cabin afghan, a pair of socks, a baby bib, Irish Hiking Scarf and I just cast on my first ever sweater for my son for Christmas. I also always have a dishcloth going!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have the Denise set and I love them. I also have bamboo straights. I have one pair of Brittany size 6 and they are my favorite straights!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I am putting them on my Christmas list!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I started a baby afghan in June for a friend. She lost the baby and I don’t have the heart to finish it.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love teapots, tea cups, thimbles and hankies.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really want to try Koigu yarn, they look wonderful! Needles, I would love more Brittany straights, they are so smooth! Books, patterns? Umm, I would love a Knitting Journal, spiral bound by Char Loving. I would also like the Knitting to Go Deck, by Sheri Giblin and Kris Percival. Wendy Knits: My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm always looking to learn new things and become a better knitter.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am! It was the first class I ever took for anything and I love making them. My foot measurement from heel to toe is 10 inches. Also, I have a wide foot, so I usually have to go up a needle.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)